Experience and Expertise
I have nineteen years of experience in estate planning and administration, including:
- preparing wills and trusts to transfer assets to family members, friends and charities
- advising on strategies for reducing taxes while living and upon and after death
- incorporating, organizing and reorganizing closely-held corporations, including medicine professional corporations and dentistry professional corporations
- assisting executors with probating wills and administering estates
- preparing estate, trust and guardianship accounts
- advising trustees, guardians and attorneys in carrying out their fiduciary obligations
- helping clients to prepare for the possibility of their own mental incapacity by way of trusts and powers of attorney for property and personal care
- protecting mentally incapable family members by way of Henson trusts or guardianship applications
My legal experience also equips me to act in a more direct and personal role as executor, trustee or attorney for property where there is no suitable family member or friend to do so, or where a client wishes to appoint an independent professional executor to deal with complex assets or to manage difficult relationships among the beneficiaries.
Please click here to see a list of standard services.